Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
I wonder if that tool was designed to work with a breaker bar? If it works on the impact great.

I've tried it both ways, even with extensions on the breaker bar. I tried with an extension on the impact, off, the bit keeps flying off eventually.

The other one had some type of orange locker on it. I'm not sure what it is but it's strong as gorilla snot.

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Japan is better than Tiwan

Couldn't agree more, Japan is my pick after America and in some cases before. It depends on the product.

BTW, the WC T5 is a perfect example of how the Japanese started kicking our rears in Detroit. The Japanese cars at the time were already using needle bearings and lined synchros, GM and Ford were only playing catchup at that point. Japan's auto industry caught the USA with it's pants down, and the T5 is one such example in the transmission design. Finally they redesigned the T5 to use tapered roller bearings on the shafts, needle bearings under the gears and lined synchros which were used in the Camero and Mustangs previously, but those gears are not good for trucks, nor is the placement of the shifter. The redesign for the S10 in '93-'95 included electronic speedo and '94-'95 were WC with the gearing I have in mine. Ford created what is known as the T5z, which is also referred to as a 2.95 gear set (from what I have read), these were changes that Ford made lastly in '93/'94 time frame. GM just piggy backed on those changes for the S10, but oddly didn't put it in V8s, but put it mostly 4cyl engines. This is interesting and seems trying to solve the same issue with low powered S10s in the day, bring the RPMs down with OD. This does align with the old AK Series or AD series in that they have inline 6 engines in them, so lack the V8 HP, but have the RPM problem at highway speeds. History is fascinating...

Now, a lot of people will tell you that a truck doesn't need the WC T5, that the NWC will do just fine and is easier to adapt as you can get those with mechanical speedos. But I don't agree, mainly because you shift more than most anything else other than steering when you drive a car. I don't see how it can hurt to have a better shifter, it's not about RPM and torque for me, the WC is just a better transmission than the NWC for the reasons I've outlined.

Originally Posted By: Twisted6
I'd have to agree on the breaker bar.

So far no-go on any of them. I have no idea what locker they used but I bet a little heat on the seal won't hurt. The other thing is use a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder and grind a few slots around the inside diameter, then break it into pieces with pry bars. smirk

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup