Originally Posted By: stock49
Here in Ohio we have a 10,000 pound GVW threshold - which demands a commercial truck plate (significantly higher fees - including a visit to the scales). Go above 26,000 pounds gross and one needs a CDL to drive it.

I'll share these pics, but don't want to de-rail this thread entirely, this is an Inline 4 actually, it's a Cummins 4B in this, but this was my mess back on Sept. 20th.

Let me preface this. You can see trans fluid under the flat bed, but as it turns out I think I lucked out and it just overheated and blew fluid out the overflow/breather. I lost a tire and wheel on the freeway, but able to get off...and lost the 2nd wheel and tire trying to pull it up that stupid driveway. Flat bed was towed to my yard, this happened up in Vacaville, CA, 100 miles from my yard. The trailer and crane were pulled into a parking lot for Sachs 5th Ave. which closed during the pandemic. This was over 22,000 lbs. for the trailer and crane, and I do have a brake controller, but still too much weight, and I have retired from doing any heavy moving in the future.

Last Sat. a rigger saved my bacon, I was on pins and needles for 2 weeks as I had just picked this up from an auction purchase in Sacramento.

All that said, I am hoping to get back working on the T5 and rear axle this Sunday. As you can see, I've been a bit occupied to work on the T5 or axle... whistle

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup