My pistons are off the shelf 8.5 to 1 and with the 194 head should be 9-9.5 to one. I think they are Silvolite I can get you the number if you want. I have a turbo from a Fire Bird that I had planned to use. There have been great developments in EFI systems since I began thinking and gathering parts. Now I think one of the new systems would simplify the turbo/EFI interface. The turbo plumbing is simple with plenty of room.

I used to have a 1940 International D40 rated at 2-3 tons (stamped on the ID plate) It had a Blue Diamond six 260 ci, 89hp @ 3200, 192 foot pounds @ 800- 1600. It weighed around 7,000 lbs. It had a fifth over transmission. It would fairly comfortably travel at 55 mph 3 tons of hay. I once hauled a load of railroad ties stacked to the top of the headache board and two max loads of salvaged barn board over the Sierras. Steep hill slowed it but I never had to go below 3rd gear and 30-35 mph. It was a very good truck and ia still on the road today. Just mention this as some Idea of what these old trucks will do. Of course it is no match to what my son's Ram Cummins gan do.
The biggest issue was brakes. I don't think the vacuum booster worked but better brakes would have helped a lot.
It was a cattle truck and had a full set of stock racks with a loading ramp and had a pintle hitch & vacuum brake lines for a trailer. It came from the central valley in California and probably hauled cattle as truck & trailer. I researched the previous owner and that was his business.
Your truck should do better.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain