Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
The old saying, "A happy wife means ...........". However we finish that reflects on our own situation/wife. No explanation necessary. laugh

Truth!

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Good luck on the new job!

How familiar are you with septic systems? Be careful what goes into your shop sink. Septic systems are real world organic. Our has not needed to be pumped in it's life of almost 50 years.

Oh, I will be very careful about what goes down the utility sink, but I need to be able to clean parts and such, so even in the case I need to dispose of the hazardous material, I'll drain/dispose of it, that stuff won't be going into the leach field. I was most excited to find out I can have even a bathroom in the shop, cause you need a place to wash your hands if possible, it would suck to have to go into the house to do that each time. Although I guess I could put a sink outside without having to plumb the shop, having a shower there with hot water would be ideal, hot water for the utility sink as well.

A few good things in regard to my truck project is that I will be looking for a lift after I can get the shop in place. I really want to have a lift to be able to work on cars/trucks with. I'm fed up with crawling on the garage floor.

And thanks for asking, I do need to get myself back on track with this project, the past couple weeks have been pretty hectic, last week our house was torn apart getting new carpet (that Happy Wife deal...), interviewing on video and doing a 3 hour in person interview, has taken a toll on me.

I sure hope I can sort out and get this T5 back together. Most everything will be getting replaced with the rebuild kit. I could probably even tap the end bearing on the input shaft with a dead blow and a bearing seat. Maybe I'll do that rather than using the hydraulic press. Would be nice to have the press though, there's a couple other bearings that need to be pressed on (or BFH) as well. I'm looking around the workbench, there's a lot of parts, bearings, seals, lube, sealer, et al to put it all back together. Probably need to get things cleared and spread out a bit better so I can organize it better. whistle

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup