I personally don't care about the actual speed/performance. I am into inline 6's for the sweet sounds they make,and am even weird enough I am into Ford flat 6's. Have a finned aluminum head and a 3x1 intake to put in the flat 6 in my 51 business coupe,and am looking for a set of cast iron headers and a street cam that is a little "rumpy".

My left leg is now useless due to cancer,so I am going to put a FOM in it. Bought one last summer from a guy that claims he pulled it out of a 51 he used to drive years ago and totaled,and got it all,from the flex plate to the driveshaft. Waiting to recover a little better before I start work on it.

If I am unable to work on it this summer,I will pay someone else to do it. I already have a stock 51 Victoria with a stock FOM and flat V-8 in it that I can drive anytime I want,but it ain't the flat 6 hot rod business coupe of my dreams.

Not selling the Vicky until I get the coupe back on the road,though.

AND.......,once I do get it back on the road I flat do NOT care if some new OHC cylinder economy car is faster than my coupe. There is nothing the owner can do to make it sound as cool as my coupe will sound,or look as classy rolling down the road.

I build and work on cars to please ME. If they also happen to please someone else,it makes me happy to talk about it with them. If not,I honestly don't care.

Need 226 Ford flathead 6 cast iron headers.