Just out of curiousity,and because I have been missing from this board for a long time and missed any possible discussions about them,what do yall think about the 292 Chebby and the 302 GMC inline 6's?

I remember seeing a few "back in the day" that were stuffed into stuff like 38 Chevy coupes that would FLY. Granted,these were dedicated drag cars with mucho unknown to me modifications,but I am thinking this would still be a sweet combination for a moderately hot street car. Plus it would be different and sound different than all the cookie-cutter 350 smc crap.

Yeah,it would be cool to find and use one of the old 12 port heads and other serious drag parts that used to be readily available,but I am thinking you could still build a fast and fun driver today without having to go crazy spending money. These and the Ford 300 inline 6 Ford make plenty of torque and horsepower for a hot rod daily driver,and it might even be more fun to put a 300 Ford in a Chevy and a 292 or 302 GM in a Ford.

I know the 292's and especially the 302's and speed equipment for tnem are getting hard to find these days,but it's still possible to get lucky. While they are harder to find these days,there are a lot fewer people looking to buy them.

Need 226 Ford flathead 6 cast iron headers.