Thanks. I figured they all needed the cross-hatching and that was it. I find out each day how much I don't know.

Now that I am going away from using Ross pistons and not using a torque plate, but instead going with Silvolite 8:1 Pistons and Hastings Rings, what, if anything should I share with my machinist? He is already telling me I am overthinking a stock build. Not technically stock, but damned close to it, and I will never over rev this engine once it is put into service.

I will admit that Tom mentioning the special honing for the Ross rings put a damper on my project, especially when I searched for 292 pistons after reading his post. I didn't find anything for a 292, but this morning on a computer, not a phone, I found Silvolite, and that got me back on track.

The last engine I re-built was in 1985, we used the rings that Pop said to get, and all we did was cut the ridges, hone the bores using the ball-stone type of honer, re-ring, and install new bearings. That engine ran great and never developed ridges after running it hard for 11 years, didn't burn or use oil, never broke down due to anything internal.

This engine, while getting some new parts, I want to be as reliable as that 350 mentioned in the last paragraph.

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY