I completely agree, unfortunately questions I asked in various forums typically were not answered, leaving me to figure it out for myself on nearly every aspect of this project. I find it ironic that it happens that way, but it is what it is. And I have nobody locally to ask that is knowledgeable on inline sixes, so I am learning as I go.

I researched the crap out of everything before buying or deciding to buy. In the case of the pistons, I did research and it seemed 292 pistons were a unicorn nowadays unless they were Ross. At least the threads I found on the subject pointed to no pistons available for 292's, which is why most people don't rebuild them. This info came up in many searches. So I decided on Ross, but didn't buy them. I guess I wasn't using the correct words in my searches, because it took me minutes this morning to find a valid alternative set of pistons and rings for my intended purpose. Weird. Anyhow, I now can move forward on my build.

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY