I can see that, money talks, and some people have a ton of it. I am not one of those people, but sure am spending a lot on this engine, and that was before the prices went up. I purposely bought things when I did because I knew a certain someone was going to cause everything to get expensive.

When I bought this engine I didn't know there was a huge inline six following, nor did I know that these 292's are not the most economical engines to rebuild and run. I found out all of this after hauling it home on a 14 hour round trip, and still get mixed information on the economy of running one. So I will just have to get those results on my own with my way of driving. Will it be the 5-6 mpgs someone told me I will get and be lucky if it sees 8 mpgs, or will it be the 21 mpgs someone said they could get from their 292? Time will tell. Once I got the engine home from that 14 hour round trip, I was committed to doing the best build to make it a great highway cruiser. Fast forward a couple years, and I have researched, and researched, bought a few parts here and there, and now it's time for internals. That's when I ran into a roadblock. The funny thing is, each time something like this happens, no matter how much I ask around, how much research I do, it isn't until a roadblock is hit that I easily find the information I am looking for. I cannot explain it, but it can be frustrating.

I'll give an example. I bought this truck and had never experienced a freewheeling setup before. I could downshift into 1st gear and let out the clutch and the rpms never went up, so there was no engine braking. I planned on taking this truck on camping trips that involve going up to 10,000 feet and having to drive down those same roads. A freewheeling setup will not be safe, as the brakes will heat up and become useless. Even driving around town was scary as heck without engine braking. Everyone I talked to or asked about it had no idea what I was asking them. Then after a weekend of experimenting, I mentioned to the same people what I discovered and they somehow remembered how borg warner overdrives operated. I could have used that info days prior, but share with them my findings and they are suddenly experts...lol...

I guess I ask the wrong questions, or explain things too much, I need to learn to be much more vague to get the answers I need...lol...

When it comes to the pistons I am glad there are options out there, and options that won't cost huge amounts of money. Having said that, I now wonder if Silvolite are made in the states? They are in Nevada. More research.

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY