Originally Posted by CNC-Dude #5585
Interesting, I currently compete in ELR events myself, been doing it about 4 years now! I'm also prepping to break the current ELR centerfire record.... There needs to a subforum here for guys to talk about non-car related things....
That's exactly why I got the 6.5 Creedmoor parts to build a bolt action, quite a bit less powder than 308 and can get out to 2000 yards. I do have another tactical 80% receiver and may try to do a 338, but you know very well, they require a lot of powder...I got to shoot a 50BMG once, we can't own them in Cali anymore, but existing ones were grandfathered in. You wouldn't get very many reloads with a lb. of powder on those...I digress...but the bullets are also pricey for the L338M as well as the match grade cases. I pretty much use match grade with all my supplies. If you're taking the time to reload them yourself, you might as well have the best, IMO.

This is where I'm at, you can see some of the supplies still against the far wall...believe it or not, this is about 1/2 cleaned! blush

[Linked Image]

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup