Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
What a big improvement! I've never been barefoot around primers but I put a rusty nail all the way through my boot & foot when I was a kid. shocked My folks were rooting for lockjaw. laugh
Damn, those Z Parents are tough on the kids... laugh

Since my wife is Japanese we don't wear shoes in the house, and I always leave my sandals at the door. I have a about an 8' commute to work, and keep a pair of old sandals to walk across the deck I built between the master bedroom and office. The door in my master bedroom is the only thing not permitted on my house. The shop, electrical, foundation, et al were all permitted and inspected. The office started out as an office/music-study, but it turned into yet another shop to do handwork. Hence, the wood and metal which I desperately try to keep separated.

Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
I worked all day yesterday sorting tiny bits from 160 little plastic drawers. The results were hardly noticeable. frown Probably could have thrown it all in the trash and in a week forgot I ever had it. This is a holdover from being raised by depression era parents, the original preppers. "You might need that! " With a 30 mile round trip to the hardware store + gas prices they may be right.:D
My take, I'm lightening up my life. This goes for supposed <cough> "friends" that I hung out with occasionally that didn't think the same way. I don't need any extra baggage in my life. The reason I started to realize that the Inliners will only be a time suck if I am to keep pursuing to change it. Do I need that in my life? Nope, I don't. The Inliners had their chance, they should have taken me up on it. My local chapter you might ask? I do go sometimes, but honestly they're more interested in going to a car show...car shows keep my interest for about 5, maybe 10 minutes, so I think the problem is me, not them. I wanna get greasy, I want get together and wrench with guys, talk about making mods on my truck, stuff like that...I'm different than the members in the Bay Area Inliners.

Originally Posted by CNC-Dude #5585
That's good progress right there....!
You probably never stepped on a primer either... blush Honestly I don't know how so many of them got under/behind boxes, behind stuff I swept up, etc...the small primers especially, I can barely see them on the dark floor but I can hear them...this is not to mention how much reloading supplies I acquired when I was shooting regularly. I just put the last of the loaded ammo in the safe with the receivers. I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing, I am nothing. Molon Labe!

So, all that said guys, my '46 pickup is a part of that "make my life simpler" plan, it's so simple compared to modern cars and trucks. No computer, no ECU, no fuel injection. I don't even have a radio in it! ( but that will change, you can bank on it! laugh ) When I'm at the lake for good (will be a few years most likely), I will be puttering down to Kelseyville Lumber to pick up some hardware and building material, and most everyone else can leave me alone.

EDIT: Scott, Tom, do either of you have a 6v car/truck that you would use a 6v-12v converter? Handy for a cigarette lighter to charge/run your phone. I will even pay the shipping for either of you if you can use it. I have since converted my '46 to 12v so there's no going back. Brand new Chinesium.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 03/22/22 02:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask about 12->6v converter

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup