Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
If my wife made me take my boots off our hardwood floors would not need the work they do.
If I didn't take my shoes off, I'd get my head beat in...j/k It is something do like, I'm a barefoot kinda guy, and don't like socks unless I wear my boots. This can be a problem working metal in the garage, small chips will get dragged into the house by the garage door / family room, so I try to sweep up occasionally while I'm working and going in/out, but I have gotten them in my feet. My wife less as she wears a pair of crocs (indoor ONLY) when she works in the kitchen.

Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
All my vehicles are 12V now.
Originally Posted by CNC-Dude #5585
No 6-12V converter here either.
I'll stick it in the classified section, if someone wants to pay the shipping.

Originally Posted by CNC-Dude #5585
I have stepped on a few primers before, it is surprising how they end up in the most obscure places when you are prepping brass.
I never remember dropping so many, but in the past I have found a lot of them cleaning up. I try to keep plastic tubes on the press so they don't fall on the floor when de-priming, I have 3 or 4 cutters I use on the mill also from Giraud for 45ACP, 5.56, 308, possibly one more. These size the neck properly to keep everything consistent. I use a wet tumbler with Lemi-Shine. Some folks use stainless pins in the wet tumbler but I find they come out spanky with nothing but water/Lemi-Shine and brass. With the Dillon 650 I used to own I could reload about 800 rounds in 2 hours. I've heard they can do 700/hr, but I never do that much of one size, my 800 with be 2 sizes at min, more often 3. I have only moved all the heavy bullets and supplies into the garage, need to figure that out still, but...

With all of this out of the way, I will finish the bench and get the T5 spread out for identification/replacement with my parts kit I have from Transparts Warehouse. I have all the parts together, the adapter plate I had Vintage Metalworks make for me, the modified tail shaft cover by Dan up in WA, the bearings for the rear axle and carrier. Carrier is about half done, has the 3.38:1 ring gear, I need to put the pinion in it, and I have a gasket kit for that. Those outside bearings were tough to find as were the inner carrier bearings. Hopefully all are correct size. whistle

I'm pretty sure I'll need to remove the old leaf spring mounts and re-weld them on at the correct angle, but that will be after I get the rear axle rebuilt entirely. Beater, you can barely see, but behind the tail shaft cover is the Rust Doctor I bought. Still not sure if I will use that on the axle or not, but I do like the looks of it.

Question for either of you. When you do a rebuild for part, say a trans, carrier, or even an engine, do you lay the parts out and organize the replacements with them, or have you done it enough that you know where most parts go anyway? I'm trying to understand the best way to approach this, I am planning to lay everything out in 2 different area, so that I keep all the original parts together, and use the replacements as I put each section back together. Any brilliant tips on organizing and keeping track of everything? I try to use ziplocs to hold small parts together. But cleaning the old parts is where quite a bit of time is spent for me.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup