I couldn't agree with both of you more, and will say that I do have XLNT online videos I'm referring to from the gent I bought most of the sealants, and a couple parts to upgrade, such as a front bearing retainer that is milled from solid material. The original allows the bearing to float inside a cover over it, but under hi stress the shaft can move and/or deform things. Before either of you laugh, cause I know my pee-cup is never gonna see that type of torque that a racer is gonna see, but it is a better part and the cost is minimal in the overall picture. I don't plan to rebuild this transmission ever again. Since this is a World Class T5 the overhaul kit includes all replaceable parts including the syncros and needle bearings. Again, I don't need the WC T5, but I got it and see nothing wrong with having best in class in my pee-cup! smirk

BTW, I have mentioned this tech tip previously, and will mention it again. You can get boxes for free at the USPS, and you can have them deliever packs of 2 dozen to your mailbox, in my case it's at my front door. they will leave them at my front door, it don't get easier than that! I use them to layout stuff when I do a project like that, cause yeah, I do look for diagrams and such, and the guy I bought some parts from does sell a rebuild book for the T5, but I see no reason to spend the $35 to buy it when he did a video on YT and another with EricTheCarGuy. And quite honestly the guy is a real pr!@$ to hobbyist like me cause I bought his retainer and not his book. I don't need any signed book, I need a rebuilt T5 done properly. Also, I think it really upsets him that I bought the anerobic gasket maker from him as I don't need it either, I just think it works better and mostly easier to clean up. I'm trying to simplify my life! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As you can kind of see I have the carrier parts on the right side, and the T5 parts on the left. A couple small parts need cleaning still, but most of the T5 parts are cleaned, and I have the sealers, anerobic gasket maker, assembly lube and even a free tub of Anti-seize because PaulC sent me the wrong product. That's the only nice thing with him.

This last pic is for Scott...the damn stuff just never ends...found 8 boxes of 308 ammo on the shelf, along with a bunch of magpul parts and a few gunsmith tools for triggers and adjustments, a set of lock rings for my reloading presses, etc...and I found some scope founds and 2 80% receivers that are already milled. My State claims the residents must apply and get a serial number if we want to build our own firearms. These were milled before that law applied so they go in the safe and those pukes can drink off my sweaty 'nads. Got a nice set of scope mounts. Those will come in handy when I build the bolt action!

And thankfully, I think I've cleaned all the primers away from harms feet, not a single primer did I step on today! cool

[Linked Image]

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup