Good news is Dave Farwell has some seals, he said they come in the rebuild kit. So I may have a seal in my Transparts Warehouse overhaul kit, I do see a rear tail shaft output seal, but the parts are in cryo pack so I'm not sure. I don't see any instructions or info at all, just parts. I was under the impression the overhaul kit doesn't include the input shaft parts as there could be different engines that the T5 adapts to. When I open the rebuild kit, I will compare the seals vs this one after I take it out. Definitely want to get that out whole without tearing it, just in case the seal is not there. Just in case I need to reuse it.

I was hesitant to reuse this, as the retainer is so gunked up, but I can clean that off the outside and paint it with the same silver paint I painted the case/tailshaft/cover, spraying that on the outside and clean up the bottom, replace the seal, and use some anerobic gasket maker, and call that good to go. I just can't tell if this seal is in the overhaul kit just yet. I want this to be the last time I need to go in and rebuild this T5, it should last for the rest of my life, but my son will be getting my pee-cup and I don't want to force him with repair something, although he will have my shop after I get it done...if I end up with a lift, that would be sweet for him... wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup