Beater,

I didn't realize you had a T5 in your '53, and didn't know your son had a Study, that's cool, I have always kinda liked the Study pickups, natural lines to chop the top.

The S10 WC was only in the '94-'95 as I recall. Did you use digital gauges? I went to the hassle of getting the tailshaft converted so I could connect it to my mechanical speedo and keep the original look in the cab.

Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
The are in the shop I'm cleaning. Pretty sure it is 21 alpine 11" and the pressure plate had the diaphragm release.
If you find it let me know, I'm curious what it is and how long the shaft is.There is a taper in this WC retainer and the input shaft has a taper that mates to it. You can see the taper in the phots above, the bottom seal has a taper under it, so the seal slipts over the shaft and the taper mates to the inner taper underneath.

There is a long & short throwout bearing too.
The length is an issue on some trucks also, and 3/4" needs to be cut off. I am not clear if this will be needed on mine or not.

BTW, the old 10 spline input shaft I have, has loose roller bearings inside, no race. So they are entirely different, with a enclosed roller bearing on the front. WC uses mostly tapered bearings, like Timkens.

You seem to be plugging right along.
Thanks, but I'm probably the slowest mechanic on the planet! blush

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup