Here's the Conestoga Fewer that 2000 of this model were built but OT here it's a now supercharged version of that V8 model.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

I usually do this kind of work inside with a combination of work bench, hoist & engine stand. All of it can't be done on any of them. I did this one in the dirt because it was faster than cleaning the shop. It was a simple freshen in 2008 to the original build in 1978, rings, bearings, and lap the valves. It also got paint, full flow oil filter conversion, and set up for a TBI/MegaSqurit demo efi-diy and I did at Bonneville that year. I wish it looks this nice now.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

By the way CNC DUDE makes an engine stand fixture foe Chevy & GMC sixes.

[Linked Image]

Your '47 had a 235 bolted to the stock bell housing I think. The difference in these bell housings are with mounts, pedals, clutch arm, starter attachments .....As far as I know the distance from the back of the block to the face of the transmission is the same. So what you had before is what you want and measuring what you have will give you what you need. Just include the adapter thickness in the mix. You may come out like I did with no shaft cutting needed.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 03/30/22 05:41 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain