Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
Here's the Conestoga Fewer that 2000 of this model were built but OT here it's a now supercharged version of that V8 model.
I like that, even though not a woodie, it's cool and I would still strap a surfboard on top and go on safari! LOL

By the way CNC DUDE makes an engine stand fixture foe Chevy & GMC sixes.
Good to know. I'd probably buy one if I was rebuilding one, although the setup you had with bolts on the top of the head hanging on chains looks like it was working, a stand would be safer and more stable when you work on it. The stand is how a real mechanic would do it. laugh

Your '47 had a 235 bolted to the stock bell housing I think. The difference in these bell housings are with mounts, pedals, clutch arm, starter attachments .....As far as I know the distance from the back of the block to the face of the transmission is the same. So what you had before is what you want and measuring what you have will give you what you need. Just include the adapter thickness in the mix. You may come out like I did with no shaft cutting needed.
Yes, (really '46, but I'm not in a mood to split hairs) and the thing about that is that since the pedals are connected to the bell housing, I want to keep my bell housing that is in there so I don't need to modify anything for the pedals and if I ever did want to replace the engine, I could still have my pedals if I adapt to my bell housing. I suspect this T5 will stay in there, AND the 235 will stay in there for pretty much the life of the truck, however long that may be...it's gonna have to make it through my abuse, and then my son's for the life I can see for it today. smile

EDIT: Damn that 270 really looks nice in your '53! cool

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 03/30/22 08:17 PM. Reason: Wow, that 270 in the '53 sho' do look nice!

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup